Salsa Macaroni and Cheese
Spice up this cheesy classic with Fresh Cravings Salsa, poblano chile, and pepper jack cheese. The perfect fall comfort food!
- 12 oz. cavatappi pasta
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup poblano chile, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa, Medium
- 2 cup Pepper jack cheese, shredded
- In a large pot bring 3 quarts of water to boil. Add cavatappi pasta and 1 Tbsp Kosher salt and cook 7 – 9 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Do not rinse. Set aside.
- In sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk and whisk to prevent lumps.
- Whisk in poblano, Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Medium Salsa, and Kosher salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Add cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Optional: Preheat oven to 350°. Pour mixture into greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. Sprinkle top with extra cheese. Bake for 5-8 minutes.