Black Bean Nachos
This Fresh Cravings Salsa blended with black beans makes the perfect topping for twist on a football classic will leave you craving more! nachos, just in time for football season!
- 1/2 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves separated and cleaned
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, Fresh Cravings Pico de Gallo, chopped cilantro, avocado, lime juice
- 2 – 15 oz. cans black beans, drained
- 1 cup Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa, Hot Crave (We suggest Hot Crave, but you can use any Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style heat level you would like!)
- 12 oz. bag tortilla chips
- 3 Roma tomatoes, 2 scallions, chopped
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Optional garnishes: sour cream, diced avocado, lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In small sauce pan cook black beans over medium high heat for two minutes. Mash until one half of the beans are mashed.
- Turn off heat and add Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Hot Salsa and mix until combined.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil. Lay 1/2 of the tortilla chips in a single layer.
- Top chips with 1/2 of each of the black bean/salsa, Roma tomatoes, scallions, cilantro and Mexican cheese blend.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, approximately 9 minutes.